Which Type of Trailer I May Make

In this post, I am exploring some potential ideas for trailers I could create to promote my film. I am considering different approaches and styles, rather than finalising anything.


I think I am going to make  romantic comedy. One idea I am considering is a montage-style teaser trailer which would include a range of clips showing the relationship between the two main characters. This could include romantic, light-hearted and slightly dramatic moments helping to reflect key conventions of the romantic comedy genre. I may choose to limit dialogue in this version and instead rely on music and editing to create emotion and intrigue which is typical of teaser trailers.


Another idea is a more narrative-based theatrical trailer which would introduce the characters and give a clearer sense of the storyline. This version could include some dialogue to help establish the situation and make the trailer feel more realistic while still keeping some elements hidden to create enigma. This would follow conventions of theatrical trailers which usually reveal more of the plot than teasers.


I am also considering creating shorter TV spot-style trailers which are often used to quickly capture audience attention. These would focus on key moments, fast-paced editing and strong visuals to engage viewers in a short amount of time.


I want my trailers to follow typical rom-com conventions such as focusing on relationships, using engaging music and including moments of both humour and emotion. Exploring these different formats will help me decide on the most effective way to promote my film and appeal to my target audience.

Comments

Popular Posts